I am looking for a full time Parliamentary Assistant to join my staff team. They will be based in Westminster whilst the rest of the team are based in Scunthorpe. Liaising and working with the rest of the team to deliver strong outcomes will be central to the role, which will include managing my diary, contributing significantly to the social media presence including website, project work and administration.
I welcome all applications for this post including from those seeking flexible working arrangements, such as term time only.
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant in Nic Dakin MP’s Office
Location: Westminster Office
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales £24,000 – £28,000, depending on experience
- Diary Management
- Project Management
- Manage the website
- Respond to social media comments and queries
- Prepare media briefings, monitor media and brief the MP on relevant issues
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues
- Ensure the MP is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the house
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions
- Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects
- Progress casework as required
- Provide generalist administrative support
- Supervise interns, work placements and volunteers where appropriate
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with Data Protection Act
The role will be suitable for someone who is:
- Able to work independently and keep to tight deadlines
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Has strong written and spoken communication skills
- Able to prioritise tasks and be flexible in responding to changing circumstances
- Sympathetic to Labour Party values
- Very good IT skills
Experience of the following would be desirable but not essential:
- Some experience of parliament
- Experience of campaigns
- Knowledge of casework databases like caseworker.mp and nationbuilder
- Using social media as a communication tool
- Establishing and managing relationships with stakeholders and/or the media
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 30th November, 2017
Interviews: Provisionally planned for 5th and 6th December, 2017
Start date: 8th January or as soon as possible thereafter
Please send a letter of application explaining why you would like to be the Parliamentary Assistant to Scunthorpe County’s MP and what you would bring to the role in no more than 2 sides of A4 plus your Curriculum Vitae including the names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Parliamentary Assistant’ in the subject line.
We will acknowledge all applications received by return email.
I am looking for a full time Parliamentary Assistant to join my staff team. They will be based in Westminster whilst the rest of the team are based in Scunthorpe. ...